Finding the best binoculars for hunting is definitely a difficult task. Regardless of the fact that you are an experienced hunter or you just started in the niches, you must identify the one product that suits your needs.
When opting for a pair of binoculars, you have to consider your level of expertise, the quality you’re looking for, as well as your budget. It takes as little as $100 to buy some decent binoculars that provide a high-quality image, satisfying magnification and lightweight. However, if you want a high-tech gadget, then you can prepare to pay more than $2000.
Most of the items we’re about to discuss, have impressive features but you shouldn’t let them sweep you off your feet. There are certain points you need to follow and we’re going to help you with this.
High-Quality Optics with Extra Features
A regular binocular is basically meant to magnify an object, animal or sight. When it comes to the best hunting binoculars, you’ll need more than simple magnification. Features like water and fog proofing will come at hand when you are in the wilderness and you feel like hunting during the morning or when the sun sets.
Water has the nasty habit of reflecting light, so you’ll need a binocular that has an anti-reflective feature. The clearer and bright the image is, the easier it will be for you to locate your prey and hunt it down.
Comfort is important too. You can’t gaze through binoculars if you’re wearing glasses or have different diopters unless there are certain features taking care of all these aspects. The eyecups could be an inconvenient too, that’s why you’ll be searching for adjustable eyecups in every binocular.
Your eyes shouldn’t be exposed to any type of discomfort because otherwise they will get tired fast and keep you from your beloved hunting activities. So far, comfort and the clearest image quality are characteristics that you can’t settle without.
Since you will probably wander for hours, you have to think about the weight of the binocular, as well as about its ability to stay in your hands and not slip. In the following top 7, you’ll find various binoculars that weigh more or less.
If the rugged design fits you most, then it will probably have a rubber coat that will stop it from slipping. In addition, a comfortable strap is also a must-have. Some binoculars may be adapted to tripods, a fact that might be helpful if you don’t move around too much.
Best Products Worth Your Money
The best hunting binoculars for the money are listed below, but the choice is only up to your preferences and your exact needs. There is a lot of technical information that is also thoroughly explained to make sure you purchase the right one. If you are an experienced shooter, you might want to jump to number 7!
Nikon 7576 MONARCH 5 8×42 Binocular
Weight: 1.34 pounds
Dimensions: 2.4 x 5.1 x 5.7 inches
- Sharp, clear and brilliant field of view
- Built with Extra-Low Dispersion Glass from Nikon
- One ounce lighter than other previous models
- Provided with Fully Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses that offer high light transmittance. This feature applies across the entire visible light spectrum.
- Comes with Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups that make usage comfortable
- The Smooth Central Focus Knob is a breeze for those who want fast focus
- Flip Down Lens Caps are part of its design, ensuring protection
- Categorized as an extreme usage item, this binocular is waterproof and fog proof and it’s virtually impossible for it to slip off your hands
Best use: Nikon recommends this binocular to any outdoor enthusiast. Since it is waterproof and fog proof it can be used in extreme weather conditions. To observe nature or see what’s ahead before you get there, this binocular comes with a magnification maximum of 8 that is perfect for hunting.
Description: The Nikon 7576 MONARCH 5 8×42 Binocular comes with a compact design and it is lightweight. Besides being easy to carry, it provides a rare image quality. Nature lovers who admire tiny insects or birds that fly are very pleased, as well as hunters.
They enjoy the premium ED Glass that doesn’t alter the colors in any way. Based on a state of the art optical system, this binocular can provide a natural looking image thanks to the Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coatings.
What you’ll get is maximum resolution packed in an easy to use design. Besides being easy to use, it is also comfortable to look through for an extended period of time. Two of its characteristics are important for comfort, namely the long eye-relief and the turn-and-slide rubber eyecups.
What makes this model waterproof and fog proof are the Nitrogen fillings and the O-ring seal. The flip down lens caps are an inconvenient for multiple users, but that’s because they don’t properly wear the binocular’s strap around their necks when they use it.
After all, no one would want rain, debris, or sunlight shining directly into the lenses. As for durability, you can expect a lot from Nikon Monarch 5 as it features rubber-armored coating. This is a product that makes your money worth spending and your hunting sessions more enjoyable.
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Roof Prism Binocular
Weight: 1.54 pounds
Dimensions: Standard binocular size; 5 3/4 inches long by 5 inches wide
- 10×42 size which means that your prey will look 10 times larger than it actually is and the 42 provides you with a clear image
- HD view thanks to water-repellent lenses
- 340 ft/1000 yds field of view
- 5 ft close focus
- Extra-long eye relief that enables you to see the animals when they are moving
- ED Prime Glass and Ultra Wide Band Coatings that ensure exceptional optics
- Color-fringing is eliminated and details can be seen in low-light conditions as well
- Nitrogen and O-ring included for an all-weather usage
- Comes with a soft case and has a neck strap included too
- Constructed to be waterproof as well as fog proof
- Design characterized by a light, but tough body
Best use: Named 2013’s binoculars of the year, this model is recommended for hunting, bird watching, wildlife observation, outdoor sports and for marine use too.
Description: The Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Roof Prism Binocular has enough specific features to be worthy of accompanying you on your hunting trips. Its lenses magnify everything around you just right and the color quality is not compromised. Considering that you don’t always take weather into account, this binocular will not let you down because it is waterproof and fog proof.
If your pray is keeping you waiting, you won’t feel any discomfort thanks to this models’ extra-long eye relief. All its characteristics, including the ED Prime Glass and the Ultra Wide Band Coatings are meant to ensure exceptional optics for an amazing user experience. The twist-up eyecups can only be adjusted in 2 different positions, but this shortcoming doesn’t seem to be important for most of its users.
What’s really cool about this design is its Locking Diopter Ring that can be adjusted if your vision is different from one eye to the other. You can order the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD with a harness instead of a strap in case you don’t want it hanging from your neck. A solid pair of binoculars, this one is reasonably priced and reliable.
Vortex Optics Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular
Weight: 1.53 pounds
Dimensions: 1.75 x 5.6 x 5.9 inches
- Great magnification trough quality lenses 10×42
- Multi-Coated optics that ensure light transmissions in low-light situations
- The Roof Prism and the Phase Corrected Coating are responsible for contrast and resolution that are very important in the hunting process
- The adjustable eyecup and diopter are ideal for short-sighted people
- Immune to dirt, water, snow and other types of impurities
- Waterproof and fog proof technology is incorporated
- Comes with a protective case for storing the binoculars
- It is provided with a strap for you to carry it easier
- Lifetime warranty included with no questions asked
Best use: The sport recommended for this pair is hunting. Even so, you can still use them for sightseeing and wildlife observation whenever you feel like it.
Description: The Vortex Optics Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular is compact sized. The Roof Prism responsible for this feature is usually quite costly, but Vortex Optics somehow managed to deliver it at an acceptable price. The field of view of this model is huge and it offers great magnification even if the light isn’t quite helpful. If you want to camp out and/or hunt at night, this pair will not disappoint and that’s because of the Multi-Coated Optics.
The Center Focus Wheel, as well as the Adjustable Eyecup is extremely useful for you to obtain the clearest view possible in relation to your type of eye-sight. The technology that makes these binoculars waterproof and fog proof isn’t based on Nitrogen like the other one, but on Argon gas. Even so, the effect is just as good.
The manufacturer of this product is very generous, offering lifetime warranty. As they advertise it, whatever is broken, they will fix it without asking too many additional questions. You can adapt this binocular to a tripod if you’ll hunt an animal that is supposed to show up in a certain spot. However, the tripod will cost you extra.
Vanguard Spirit ED 10×50 Binocular
Weight: 29.8 ounces
Dimensions: 6.6 x 5.3 inches
- Suited for a wide range of viewing applications, such as hunting
- Crystal clear and super sharp from edge to edge
- Provided with a large focus wheel that can be adjusted easily
- Lightweight thanks to the metal construction
- Waterproof and fog proof
- Features ED glass that provides superior color reproduction
- Low-light usage is possible thanks to its lens coatings
- Premium lifetime warranty is guaranteed
- 293 ft/1000 yards field of view
- 8 ft near focus
- Topped with a high quality carry case and padded neck strap
Best use: Watch sports like golf, baseball, football, gaze at the starts or take them with you for a satisfying hunting experience.
Description: The Vanguard Spirit ED 10×50 Binocular is considered a mid-sized binocular. It captures the light effectively, so people who are star-gazing are very pleased. Night hunters benefit of this feature in the same way, especially those who aren’t afraid of seeing animal shadows. The large focus wheel is easy to maneuver, but some users complained they have to continuously adjust it in order to maintain focus. The ED lenses stop unwanted coloring that may be seen with normal lenses like blue coloring on white birds.
When it comes to comfort, you can rely on the two stage twist out eyecups with long eye relief. However, the padded strap that comes along with this pair of binoculars isn’t appreciated because it is considered too large. That doesn’t affect the quality of the binoculars, but it is an important overall comfort feature.
Rain or shine, the sculpted rubber armor keeps this item safe from water, fog and other impurities. The grip is slip-resistant and the Nitrogen is included in the proofing technology as well.
Vortex Optics Viper HD 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular
Weight: 24.6 ounces
Dimensions: 5.8 x 5.3 inches
- 319 feet/1000 yards field of view
- 1 ft near focus
- Rugged, compact and lightweight
- One of the lightest binoculars that’s full packed
- HD extra-low dispersion glass that retains color fidelity and amazing resolution
- Provided with multiple anti-reflecting coatings
- Multi-layer prism coatings meant to deliver clear images
- Provided with O-ring and Argon has for both waterproofing and fog proofing
- Durable external protection that is scratch-resistant
- Eyecups twist up for your comfort
- The focus wheel and diopter are also adjustable
- VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty
- Items included in the box: Rain guard, tethered objective lens covers, comfort neck strap, and deluxe padded carry case
Best use: This item is adaptable enough to the light at dusk and dawn, making it great for bird watching, general sightseeing and hunting too. Not recommended for campers due to its less compact design.
Description: The Vortex Optics Viper HD 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular features a rugged look in a lightweight case. It comes with all the features you’d want from a great binocular that will not let water or fog affect its quality and that will ensure comfort for its users.
The color retention, resolution, multi-layer prism coatings, all provides a clear image without reflections. The high-quality optics makes this binocular a top end product. It does not come with auto focus or image stabilization, but it can be adapted to a tripod to make everything easier.
The Viper HD does not lose definition at greater distances, so if you want to go hunting small animals, this one is for you! Color fringing is not something you’ll have to deal with, because of the HD technology. It can be easily listed as a long eye relief binocular model too.
Eagle Optics Shrike 8×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
Weight: 23.2 ounces
Dimensions: 5.9 x 4.9 inches
- Fully Multi-coated Lenses meant to favor light transmission and avoid reflecting
- Both people with glasses and without glasses can adjust the eyecups accordingly
- The Center Focus Wheel can be used to adjust both binocular barrels with one move
- Right Eye Diopter fixes any problem related to your eyes
- Nitrogen and O-rings prevent water and fog from affecting this device, keeping it away from dust and debris
- It can be adapted to a tripod if needed
- 8x Objective Lens Diameter
- 341 feet/1000 yards field of view
- 1 ft close focus
Best use: Wildlife watching can become even more pleasant with this item and thanks to its field of view, it can serve as a hunting binocular as well.
Description: The Eagle Optics Shrike 8×42 Roof Prism Binoculars is a very cheap model that provides lots of qualitative features. Not comparable with high-end devices, this binocular can still be satisfactory for people who follow their passions, but don’t seek perfection. The built in technology provides proofing against dust, water, debris and fog. Also, although it does not come with the HD feature incorporated, it still provides a high image quality with unaltered colors and a proper resolution.
Compact and not heavy at all, this pair could make a good beginner’s gadget. Its field of view is impressive and should be helpful for your hunting trips. The lens diameter is also satisfactory. If you can’t see an animal when it’s 8 times bigger, than you probably won’t see it at all. The Roof Prism ensures durability, so don’t buy it if you want to upgrade it anytime soon.
Leica 10×42 Geovid HD-B Laser Range Finding Binocular
Weight: 34.7 ounces
Dimensions: 4 x 6 x 2 inches
- Rangefinder binoculars that can go the distance at ten to roughly two thousand yards
- You have the ability to upload precise ballistics information on a micro-SD card that can be placed inside the binoculars
- 374 feet at about one thousand yards field of view
- Chassis is designed to curve for optimal comfort
- The HD-B possessing is one of the most powerful micro-processors
- 3 distinct point-of-impact corrections
- ABC system works considering your unique cartridge/rifle ballistic attributes
- Additionally offers twelve ballistic choices
- Considerably easier overall hunting experience
- Various awards winner
Best use: This amazing pair of binoculars is designed for shooters and hunters. Its features are focused in this direction only.
Description: The Leica 10×42 Geovid HD-B Laser Range Finding Binocular is a piece of jewelry in the world of binoculars. Although quite expensive compared to other models and a little heavier too, this item works based on modern technology. We’re talking micro-SD cards that contain precise ballistics information and that are easily transferred to the device itself. There is also a ballistic calculator and an ABC system that works considering your unique cartridge/rifle ballistic attributes.
This item is more than a binocular, it is a hunting and shooting device designed to work fast and offer you a very effective experience. Detailed observation over greater distances at a powerful 10x magnification is implicit in this Leica model.
A truly top notch binocular, it comes with a Swarovski EL Range display in the left ocular tube. In addition, it is able to scan atmospheric conditions and ballistic curves. This product has rubber coated Magnesium housing. This means that it can be used during the most adverse weather conditions.
Not simply waterproof, but to a depth of 15 feet, it can be dropped in water and picked up like nothing happened. Thanks to the Nitrogen fillings, it is also fog proof. Also called the best range finders on the market, these binoculars are high tech and worth every penny.
Pick The Best Magnifying Technology for Hunting
As you can see, there are plenty of other uses for all the listed binoculars. Your choice can be easier if you add more tasks to its use. In order to justify spending money on a binocular, you can think of how joyous your experience will be when you locate your prey or when you simply admire everything that’s around you.
None of the above binocular models are eligible for town usage, so you’ll really benefit from their wide range of proofing. Unless you opt for the most expensive type, it would be ideal to use the provided strap when you are near or in water.
Most binocular manufacturers provide lifetime warranty, which means they really pride themselves on the quality of their products. Maybe a focus wheel that moves slower will be acceptable as long as you get unlimited warranty.
Compare their pros and cons, focusing on your needs as a hunter and your future goals as well. Are you planning on leveling up? Then you’ll need a smarter device to guide you through the night and point you in the right direction.